So last night we received a call that we needed to come to the church building because my brother in law, Jason, was going to get baptized. This was something Daniel and I had been praying about for quite some time so we were ecstatic. Well a few hours later we received another call from my Sister in law, Myra, telling us to come back to the building and that she was going to be baptized. Now Myra was baptized when she was younger but felt like she had not done it for the correct reasons and wanted to be sure about her soul. We were all super excited.
Well even though it was such a marvelous night I went home with a heavy heart. Ever since the miscarriage I have been having doubts myself. Adversity seems to put things into perspective and I had started to wonder about my soul. I was 12 yrs old when i was first baptized. So I too had been having doubts on whether or not I had been baptized for the correct reasons. I was up all night contemplating these things. I came to the conclusion that I had only been baptized because it was what I was "suppose" to do and not what I wanted and needed to do. So this morning I made the decision to be baptized into Christ. My sweet Godly husband did the baptism. I cannot tell you how happy I feel right now knowing that I have no doubts anymore. Since the miscarriage Daniel and I have become so much closer and Spiritually we have grown so much and now I KNOW that if I stay faithful I can live in Heaven one day. Its and awesome feeling.
So now I just want to share some verses from the King James Version of the Bible that led me to my decision.
Acts 2:38 - Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Mark 16:15-16 - And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Acts 22:16 - And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.
John 3:5 - Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, except a man be born of water and of the spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
These are just a few of the several scriptures in the bible concerning baptism. If you have any questions about why I was baptized or the act of baptism please feel free to contact me. And please continue to keep us all in your prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment