We are a Christian couple learning how to do this thing called life as we strive for our eternal goal of Heaven. Join us as we learn to lean on God, on each other, and on our family and friends. We have battled infertility, miscarriage, having a micropreemie, and now we are raising our sweet little girl who has mild Cerebral Palsy. We have been thrown alot of curves in this thing called life, but we have overcome each obstacle and are stronger than ever




Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Busy Busy!

It's been a while. We've been so busy. Daniel had his surgery this today a week ago. Things went well with the surgery. He did have to get an extra procedure done called Turbine reduction in his nose, supposedly to help his breathing. The first 4 days went surprisingly great for him. He was in some pain but as long as he took his pain meds and kept his throat moist he did really well. We even went Friday night to pick up our baby furniture from JCPenney. Of course he couldn't lift or drive so my parents and grandparents went and helped. My dad and granddad had to bring the things up the stairs into our apartment. I felt bad because each piece was over 200 lbs. But we were so excited to get it. To tell you how well Daniel was doing at that point, he put all the furniture together that night. I intended to help but I ended up sitting and watching him due to sciatic nerve pain. Of course the dresser and changing table had come pretty much fully assembled so he really only had to put the crib together and it only took about 20 or so minutes. So that's up and there will be pictures to come later.
Daniel ended up going back to work on Monday because we need him to save the rest of his vacation days for when the baby is born. I had to take him and pick him up since he is still on medication and can't drive. Well of course he was really tired that night but he woke up in the middle of the night in excruciating pain. I felt so bad for him. I thought he was gonna be one of the lucky ones to get by without pain. ( I spent 5 days in the hospital with mine and still could not get my pain under control). But apparently his has just come late. The last couple days have been painful for him but he still has had to go to work. I've been driving every day and probably will do so again tomorrow so that he can stay on his meds til Sunday. We read online where some people do really well at first and then have their bad pain once things start to heal, mostly due to everything shrinking back to normal size while still having scabs. So hopefully in a few days he will be feeling better. I wish he would have had his pain while he was at home instead of when he went back to work. He goes back to the doc next Tuesday so we will see.

As far as the pregnancy, things seem to be going well. I am 15 weeks today and I promise to post pics soon. I have had some flutters that I am not sure if its the baby moving or if its just gas. :) They are getting more frequent so I hope they are the baby but who knows. My morning sickness is pretty much gone except for the occasional random throw up. I'm still waiting for that 2ND trimester energy to kick in though. I'm waiting for my stomach to stop looking fat and start looking pregnant. When I wear maternity clothes I look very pregnant but when looking in the mirror I think I still just look fat. I mean my tummy is rounding a bit and is a bit harder but still just looks fat to me. Hopefully soon though. I think my appetite is going to get me into trouble. I had lost 13lbs. in the first trimester. By my calculations I have gained about 3lbs. of that back in the past 2 weeks! Hopefully it is just because I started to eat again and will slow down. Hopefully! I am convinced that we are having a girl and really want to start buying things. My mom already has. I have nothing picked out for a little boy, its all girl so if we go in and its a boy I will be very busy. lol

1 comment:

  1. SO glad you have started feeling better... I was 15 weeks on July 6 and I still have my morning sickness pretty bad but my "all day" sickness seems to be getting better! Im in the same boat.... when I look at stuff its always girl stuff.... thats all I have picked out. lol So if its a boy I will have to start all over again. :)

    ReplyDelete