We are a Christian couple learning how to do this thing called life as we strive for our eternal goal of Heaven. Join us as we learn to lean on God, on each other, and on our family and friends. We have battled infertility, miscarriage, having a micropreemie, and now we are raising our sweet little girl who has mild Cerebral Palsy. We have been thrown alot of curves in this thing called life, but we have overcome each obstacle and are stronger than ever




Thursday, August 6, 2009

Pregnancy 20 weeks! Half Way there!

So just some updates on the pregnancy since I was 2o wks yesterday. I really only updated on the tear in the last post so here goes. I have started to feel some pretty strong kicks. Daniel was even able to feel one at 19 weeks 5 days. He was really excited. Now if he feels long enough he can usually feel it at least once a day. Savannah seems to party around 9pm. Although last night during bible class I promise she was practicing her gymnastics. It is such an incredible feeling to feel her moving around inside of me. I still don't feel her all the time but it is getting more often. However I am not fond of the bladder kicks. Apparently she thinks its a soccer ball cause she loves to kick it and its not the most comfortable thing in the world. Although I would rather feel her kick my bladder than not at all. At my appt. I had gained 3lbs since my 13 week appt. That makes it a total of 6 lbs. but I am still 7 lbs. under prepregnancy weight. (I feel like I've put on 40lbs. already) The doc said that it was fine and that at this rate I was on track to gain about 15 to 20lbs. so I'm ok with that. I still don't have a huge appetite. I eat but I don't really snack. I'm waiting for that intense hunger to kick in that everyone is talking about. I still get nauseous on some days and gag when trying to fix food. Even just fixing a bagel this morning made me gag. My stomach has definately popped on out there so I know my stomach will be HUGE by the end but I am taking comfort in the fact that my weight must be shifting to the front since I haven't gained all that much weight. I do however already have "the waddle" I think. lol Now that I have been up some my sciatic nerve is back to killing me. Sometimes I can hardly walk. But I would not give up any of this. We are so excited to have made it this far. I can already tell that Savannah is gonna be a big Daddy's girl. She kicks alot when he talks to her and then other times he can touch my stomach when she is going crazy and he will soothe her. I can't wait to see them together. We are looking forward to buying some things now. We have our nursery furniture but thats about it right now. Hopefully we can go out this weekend for a little while and get some things. I'm super excited about my baby shower that my sis in law is giving me too. We are doing it a little earlier than normal just because of the holidays and the fact that Savannah could still be a little early so it will be on Sep. 26th. I am just so excited to finally go to a baby shower that is for me and the fact that I will get to attend it and not be on bedrest is even better. So here is a pic of me at 20 weeks. Daniel took it last night. I look super tired and to me I look like a hippo but who cares as long as my sweet girl is healthy.


2 comments:

  1. so cute! (oh, and i never had the intense crazy hunger kick in-maybe you won't either. i did have the i need to eat or i'll be sick but it was never like crazy starving.)

    ReplyDelete