We are a Christian couple learning how to do this thing called life as we strive for our eternal goal of Heaven. Join us as we learn to lean on God, on each other, and on our family and friends. We have battled infertility, miscarriage, having a micropreemie, and now we are raising our sweet little girl who has mild Cerebral Palsy. We have been thrown alot of curves in this thing called life, but we have overcome each obstacle and are stronger than ever




Thursday, February 5, 2009

A trip to Mobile

So we are back from our trip to Mobile. We drove 3 hours to get there, were there for 1 hour, and drove 3 hours back. We had a consultation with our RE (Reproductive Endocrinologist) today. This is the first time we have seen him since the miscarriage. Overall it went really well. We discussed alot of things and I feel like he has met all of our needs. I am getting checked for Antiphospholipid antibodies to see if I need to be on a low dose Aspirin or Heparin during my next pregnancy. We asked for this test because they don't usually run it until you have 2 or more miscarriages but we didn't want to wait if it could be prevented now. Also we discussed more monitoring during my first trimester. He said its not usually their protocol to keep you after a healthy heartbeat is detected on ultrasound because there is only a 5%-10% chance you will miscarry after that. (We knew this before that's why we let our guard down and thought that it was finally gonna happen). Insurance companies only cover 2 possible 3 ultrasounds so if we have any other ones it will be out of pocket. This is fine with us...everything is out of pocket to get us there why should we start being stingy with money then? He felt that it wasn't really necessary since more than likely it was chromosomal/genetic but he totally understood our concerns and said they would perform every request we have. If they get ready to release us to my OBGYN and I am not ready, then all I have to do is tell them and they won't release me. If I want weekly ultrasounds or blood work or anything else all I have to do is tell them. He said whatever makes us comfortable he will do. So we are really pleased with that.

I have to go in for blood work tomorrow (in Montgomery) and then once my cycle starts I have to go in on day 21 to get my progesterone checked. From there when my next Cycle starts we should be able to start injections again. That puts it around the middle of March. Of course it will all depend on that initial ultrasound and blood work to make sure my lining and levels are where they should be but he is confident that is when we will get to start.

So we are officially back on the TTC (trying to conceive) wagon. Please continue to keep us in your prayers. Its very time consuming and expensive and emotionally draining but totally worth it. I was a nervous wreck during this pregnancy so I cannot imagine how insane I will be once I am pregnant again.

On another note. Daniel and I started running again today. Running in cold weather is not fun! But I gotta do it. I've gained a few pounds since the miscarriage (I'm an emotional eater) that I have got to get off. I have a little over a month to do it so it should be no problem. Running is a stress reliever for me anyway so its a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment