I had a very uplifting weekend. I needed this weekend. With our Trying to Conceive process getting closer and closer to starting up again, this weekend was much needed.
Saturday morning was our annual Ladies Day at Grandview Pines. I always look forward to these because we always have such great speakers who have a way with words. This year we had an especially great Speaker. Sister Colley had to be my favorite speaker yet. Our theme was "Preserving Yesterday's Memories". She basically talked about the "Good Ole Days" when God was allowed in schools, when you didn't have to worry about being robbed or mugged, and when pretty much everyone worshiped God. We talked about how we need to stop considering that the "Good Ole Days" and make it the "NOW". She had alot of wonderful points that I won't go into now but her lesson really made me think about some things. The number one thing being how I raise my children. It made me question alot of the ways I always thought I would do things. I will write a blog soon dedicated to just this! Anyway not only was the lesson great but it was so wonderful to be with so many Godly woman. We had a great turnout on a yucky rainy day and it was just so encouraging to see so many woman dedicated to God who didn't let the weather stop them.
Sunday Morning we had a great worship service. I will say that since the miscarriage worship has completely transformed for me. Its amazing that through such adversity I have become so much closer to my God and I truly enjoy worshiping him now. I truly have been leaning on the Everlasting Arm.
Our lesson that morning was such a great message. Brother Claunch talked about how SIN is a choice and all of the horrible things that sin brings with it. And while sin is pleasurable in the here and now, the pleasure does not last. It was a straight forward message that we have all heard before but need to be reminded of often. The devil is working extra hard to tempt those of us who are trying to live right. He already has the world so there really is no need for him there. He wants us.
Anyway, after worship that morning I had a wonderful lunch with my husband at O'Charley's. Then came home and took a wonderful nap. Sunday afternoon naps are the Best!! After services that night I was able to talk to a very sweet lady. We talked about our situations. She is going through a rough time in her life also. It was great to talk to her and I really enjoyed myself and felt alot better after talking with her. Though we are going through completely different situations it really does help to talk to a Godly woman who knows adversity in the here and now with you. We really can strengthen each other. Well I am just rambling now. Just wanted to catch everyone up about my weekend. I do ask that you continue to keep us in your prayers. I take my last pill on Thursday and should start my cycle on Sunday(The same day I am throwing my parents 25th anniversary). Then we should know on Monday or Tuesday if we will be able to begin our follistim shots. Hope everyone is having a blessed Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment