We are so excited and nervous all at the same time. I'm going to try my hardest not to worry and just enjoy this pregnancy.
Here is how it went down. Saturday night I decided to take a test just to see what would happen. I knew it was still too early (6 days before my next cycle should start) but I could'nt resist. I took the dollar tree brand which are great by the way except for the fact that they are notorious for evaporation lines. These are lines which make the test look positive when in fact they aren't. They are so faint though you really have to be looking for it. Well Sat. the faintest of lines showed up and I told Daniel this has to be an evap line. It was so hard to see and you had to be in a certain light and it was crazy. Well of course I couldnt sleep all night because I needed to know if it were positive or not. Well Sunday morning we were planning on leaving around 6:30 to go to worship service in B'ham and do some shopping and other things. Well I woke up at 4:30 because I had to go to the bathroom and I could not wait any longer. I took another dollar tree test and it was darker this time but still very very faint. So I still was not sure it was a positive. So since the dollar tree brand work by peeing in a cup I still had my urine and decided to do the digital test that I had bought. I knew it was a long shot because it was still 5 days before my cycle was to start and I just knew I was wasting that expensive test. That was the longest 3 minutes of my life!! I was completely shocked when it popped up "pregnant" and I ran in threw on the light and jumped in the bed, waking Daniel up, shoving the stick in his face saying "Look! Look!". It took a minute for him to register what was going on but he was so shocked and excited. Of course we could not go back to sleep either. Well we left and went to B'ham to worship and then went and shopped a little and then ate at The Cheesecake Factory. It was sooooo good! All the while we are just wondering can this be real? We had counted out this cycle because I only had one mature follicle. Well many of the shops were closed for Easter so we ended up seeing a movie and then driving home. We were planning on going to Sunday night service at Grandview Pines but we just had to rush home and let me take a different brand of test than I already had and it popped up positive very quickly. We decided to tell my parents after services.
On the way home from services we decided to check our mail because we had not checked it on Sat. And guess what was there? The onesie that I had ordered off the internet a week or so ago before I knew I was pregnant! How cool is that. And I just wanted to thank my friend Tiffany for giving me the idea for this onesie. I had seen onesies that said "Mommies answered prayer" but that just didn't seem right since Daniel had been through all of this too, so I went to makeaonesie.com and made one that said "I am an answered prayer".
We are so thankful for all the many prayers that have gone up on our behalf. You will never know how much that has meant to us. We ask that you please continue to keep us in your prayers as the next few months will be tough for us. Pray that this pregnancy has no complications and we will have a happy healthy baby in Dec. I will know better later but according to the internet my due date is Dec 26th. Merry Chirstmas to us!
YAY YAY YAY YAY! Im so excited for you guys! And the thought of TWINS! YAY!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI am so, so, so, so, excited!! I honestly can't put it into words. You, Daniel, and baby(or babies?) Hatfield are in every one of my prayers!! :)
ReplyDeleteWe're so happy for ya'll! We love ya'll very much!
ReplyDeleteWonderful! I'll continue keeping you in my prayers!
ReplyDeleteThis is fantastic!!! I am SO EXCITED FOR YOU!! I'm so glad you ordered a onesie like the one I had made for Tanner!! I cannot tell you how happy I am for you and Daniel and we will keep you guys in our prayers.
ReplyDeletepraying, praying, praying!!!
ReplyDelete