We are a Christian couple learning how to do this thing called life as we strive for our eternal goal of Heaven. Join us as we learn to lean on God, on each other, and on our family and friends. We have battled infertility, miscarriage, having a micropreemie, and now we are raising our sweet little girl who has mild Cerebral Palsy. We have been thrown alot of curves in this thing called life, but we have overcome each obstacle and are stronger than ever
Monday, April 20, 2009
Not so Great News!
Ok, I need everyones prayers. I went back today for more blood work and found out that my HCG level was at 1177. Now I would think this is good based on all the research I have done on the internet saying that the HCG level should double every 48-72 hours. However, my doctor has a standard of doubling every 48 hours only. So according to them I'm not meeting the criteria. She said not to freak out just yet since it did go up and it went up by 81%. (anything above 60% is considered ok) but that they would need to monitor me more closely. I have to go back in on Friday to have the levels checked again. And then on top of that, after telling me not to freak out just yet, she proceeds to tell me that with these levels I am at a higher risk for a miscarriage. How am I not suppose to freak out? I mean seriously. I'm stressing. So please just pray for us that everything turns out ok. I'm not sure I can handle another let down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You can and you will, Shawna, if indeed it comes to that. I believe in NOT letting Satan know our fears.
ReplyDeleteYou have strength within you that you have not even tapped yet. I shall be in earnst prayer for you and your child, for it is truly a child. And it is fighting to live, never doubt that. The will to live is great.
You have many prayer warriors, so indeed, try to keep your stress level as minimal as possible. Watch funny movies, any show that will help your endorphines take off, and rest in His capable hands. Let Him worry, He designed it that way :)
sending you a tight hug and much love,
Miss Nancy
Congratulations! I had been following your blog, then I lost the link, I just found it again now and wow, I missed some big news!! prayers for you & this little one forming inside of you!
ReplyDeleteHow are things going?
ReplyDelete