So what a stressful last couple weeks we have had! And its not getting any easier.
To start off, as you know I had been spotting since Thursday but was told it was normal unless it got heavy OR bright red. Well I came home from worship Sunday and it was heavy AND Bright red and I was cramping pretty badly. So I panicked. I started crying cause I just knew that this was it. I called my RE and he called me back about 20 min. later. He said he thought I was ok but just for precaution I had 2 choices. 1. I could go to the ER and sit for hours waiting only to have an ultrasound by someone who is not familiar with OB ultrasounds or 2. I could call the on call doctor for my gynecologist here in Montgomery and see if I could get in for an ultrasound on Monday morning. After speaking to the on call doctor we decided that since my cramping was not sharp or on the sides and that I was not dizzy that we would wait until Monday. She too, felt that I was ok. We were to be there Monday at 8:45 but I was to be on bed rest for the rest of the day until the ultrasound.
Well that was a loooongg night! Daniel and I were both a nervous wreck. We went in yesterday morning for our ultrasound. We were told from the beginning that since I was only 5 wks and 4 days that we more than likely would not see a heartbeat yet. Of course I went in expecting the worst. On top of everything else they took us into the ultrasound room where we found out that we had lost Zachary. Well we started the ultrasound and the tech assured us that everything looked the way it should at this point. No heartbeat yet but there was a gestational sac and a yolk sac. (Which means not an ectopic pregnancy) She said my lining looked good and that she saw nothing wrong. So we left that appt. feeling pretty good. Of course it couldn't last. Went home and got the call from my RE. The nurse said that everything was ok and still going but that if I started to have a miscarriage there is nothing they could do. How great to just throw that in there so carefree. So of course this got me to thinking that there was something they weren't telling me. Her voice sounded grim the whole time and she is usually chipper. Well I got to thinking and thought maybe I should have seen a heartbeat. I have read on several websites that once your HCG level hits 10,000 you should see a heartbeat. Mine should be way over 10,000 by now. Of course I'm not sure because your HCG level usually isn't that high until about 6 weeks, and 6 weeks is when you usually see a heartbeat so I don't know if the HCG level is more accurate or the actual week is. So of course I have been stressing over that. I feel like I am on the verge of a nervous breakdown. I have only known I am pregnant for 2 1/2 weeks. How am I gonna get through the rest? And poor Daniel! He has to work, take care of me, and be stressed all at the same time. He has been just as stressed and some days barely gets any work done. Just please continue to keep us and the baby or babies in your prayers. (It was still to early to see if there are two). Pray that we have the strength to get through this. I go back on May 5th and should be able to see a heartbeat and know how many. Pray that I don't go insane before then.
If it's any consolation at all to you Shawna, when I went to my RE at 6 weeks, they wouldn't even print ultrasound pics because they couldnt see a "fetal pole" or heartbeat. I didn't get to see a heartbeat on the screen until we were 7 weeks along and that was Christmas Eve. I was worried since you had gotten to see a heartbeat with Zachary at 6 weeks and I was already preparing myself for the worst but that wasn't the case. Keep in mind that every pregnancy is different. Stay positive, keep having faith and we'll keep praying for all of you.
ReplyDeleteI sent you an email but wanted you to know I am here for you and I understand A LOT of what you have been through/are going through.
ReplyDelete