We are a Christian couple learning how to do this thing called life as we strive for our eternal goal of Heaven. Join us as we learn to lean on God, on each other, and on our family and friends. We have battled infertility, miscarriage, having a micropreemie, and now we are raising our sweet little girl who has mild Cerebral Palsy. We have been thrown alot of curves in this thing called life, but we have overcome each obstacle and are stronger than ever




Monday, May 4, 2009

One thing after another!

So I went in for my appt. today and was able to go ahead and have my ultrasound today too. Good thing. First of the baby looks great! The heartbeat was 124 which is good I am told and my due date is Dec. 23. The subchorionic bleed had shrunk and is no longer a threat according to my doc. Now we have something completely different to worry about. I was found to have 2 very large cysts on my right ovary. He said they were not the largest he had ever seen but they were the largest he had seen in a while. I'm not sure about the size. Any he has to keep a close eye on them because, with them being so big, they could twist causing ovarian torsion. This is extremely painful and would end with me having surgery to remove my ovary. This is on top of being pregnant which would put the baby at risk. He said there is absolutely nothing we can do but wait it out. No treatment. We just have to hope that they dissolve on their own. So in the meantime he has taken me off of complete bedrest, even though I am going to keep myself on it to some extent, at least until the next ultrasound. I go back on May 21st for another ultrasound to see if they have shrunk. So please pray that I don't have any complications from these. He said if they shrink, that there will be no harm to me or the baby so that's good.

I am just so frustrated now. I mean it seems like everytime we go we get something new to worry about. I'm so stressed out and so is Daniel. I am thankful that the heartbeat looked good and things are good with the baby however. So prayers are getting answered!

1 comment:

  1. I know the news of the cysts is very discouraging, but look how the Lord answered your prayers with first the pregnancy, then by taking away the bleed! He can heal this too! I'm sorry you & Daniel are under such stress.

    ReplyDelete