We are a Christian couple learning how to do this thing called life as we strive for our eternal goal of Heaven. Join us as we learn to lean on God, on each other, and on our family and friends. We have battled infertility, miscarriage, having a micropreemie, and now we are raising our sweet little girl who has mild Cerebral Palsy. We have been thrown alot of curves in this thing called life, but we have overcome each obstacle and are stronger than ever




Monday, June 1, 2009

Oh the Joys.

Sorry for the long delay in posting. I have been sooooo sick and just havent had the energy to post. I will be 11 weeks on Wed. so hopefully it will start to get better soon. Some days are already better than others but most days are just horrid. I have lost a total of 10lbs. so far. But so far pretty much everything else is going pretty well. I am still a nervous wreck to go to my next appt. which is on June 16th because we will only be able to listen to the heartbeat and I am scared to death they will not find one like last time. But we are praying hard about it. God's will be done!
On another note I did have to spend a few hours in the ER last night. Let me start from the beginning. On Friday I was at the hospital all day because my mom was having her gallbladder taken out. After about 5 hours of being there I started to have some wierd visual disturbances. My peripheral vision was completely black and spotty and my regular vision was coming and going with spots and blurryness. This scared me to death but it went away within like 10 min. or so with no other problems. So I didn't think much of it. Well last night after worship it started again. But this time it came with a horrible headache and dizziness. Well after much discussion and reading in my "What to Expect" book that visual problems require immediate attention, I decided to call the on call doctor just to see what he said. His first thought was migraine but since I had never had visual problems with any of my migraines before he wanted me to go to the ER to be checked out just to make sure it wasn't something else. So off we went. We got there a little after 8 and really didnt have to wait all that long. They took my blood pressure and it was fine so it wasn't that. Then they took me back and started to ask all the usual questions. About and hour later we saw the doc. He did all the physical neurological tests and I passed (which I knew i would because by that time I only had the headache with dizziness, no visual problems). He agreed that it was probably a migraine and was just different because of my being pregnant. He then proceeded to say that normally they would do a cat scan but it was up to us since we are pregnant. He said they would drape me but it all depended on my comfort level. I of course said no. He then said that he could give me pain medication but all pain medications are class C drugs, which means that havent been proven safe or not safe in pregnancy. I opted not to have that either because I am not doing anything that could remotely cause problems. I wouldn't even take phenergan this pregnancy because it is Class C also. So he ended up just giving me a large dose of benadryl to help me sleep, which is Class B, meaning proven safe. We left at a little before 10 and I just battled with my headache for the rest of the night. So all in all it was a wasted trip but it gave me a little peace of mind. I will say this though...if it was a migraine I would rather have them like that all of the time! My normal migraines make me not be able to function. I throw up, cry, feel like I am dying, and usually have to go to the ER and have tons of shots to get rid of the pain. I'll take vision problems with a bad headache anyday. They told me to follow up with my doc today so I did and they just said to call if it happens again. Duh!... :) Anyways I am hoping to start updating this blog alot more so check back often.

No comments:

Post a Comment