We are a Christian couple learning how to do this thing called life as we strive for our eternal goal of Heaven. Join us as we learn to lean on God, on each other, and on our family and friends. We have battled infertility, miscarriage, having a micropreemie, and now we are raising our sweet little girl who has mild Cerebral Palsy. We have been thrown alot of curves in this thing called life, but we have overcome each obstacle and are stronger than ever




Friday, July 31, 2009

Bedrest is a challenge.

I know since I am on bed rest I should be updating my blog more often but I hate typing alot on this laptop. Anyway, things are still going pretty good. Still no bleeding. We have an appt. Tues. to check on things and to hopefully find out the sex. I am completely bored. I have a laptop, magazines, books, TV, movies, video games, telephone, and I am learning to crochet yet I still get really bored. Being in bed 24/7 seems like an eternity. Most days feel like 3. Poor Daniel, bless his heart, gets no rest when he gets home from work. He's gotta feed me, bathe me, wash my hair, sometimes he shaves my legs, and pretty much does anything I need him to. He is such a wonderful man!! He hasn't complained once! We are very thankful for our church family who has been bringing us dinner on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday's. That has helped so much. My mom cooks on Tues. and Wed. and then Daniel only has to cook on the weekend. I am praying so hard that I will be allowed to start taking showers when I go back to the doc. I am sooooo looking forward to that shower.
.
As far as the pregnancy I have definitely been feeling the baby although I feel like its not enough. (But of course I worry about EVERYTHING!). I started feeling movement in the hospital at around 16 1/2 weeks but they were flutters that were pretty consistent when they happened but were few and far between. Now I feel slight kicks here and there with a few flutters but its usually only once a day. I feel like I should be able to feel movement all day long since all I am doing is laying anyway. There have even been a few days where I didn't feel anything at all and of course freaked out. Daniel was able to feel some flutters last night but no kicks yet. This was after eating a ton of Skittles. :) Is this normal at 19 weeks to not have consistent kicking?

Also my appetite is not that huge. I eat pretty much the same as pre pregnancy. By my scales I have gained about 4 lbs. since my 13 week appt. which puts me at 7lbs total but still 6 lbs less than pre pregnancy. Well I will update Tues. and will hopefully have a definite sex.

1 comment:

  1. Totally normal to not feel kicks all the time. They are so tiny right now and I just wanted to let you know I completely sympathize with everything you are going through. It's a true show of faith and testimony-Mom's will do anything for their babies. Hang in there, your miracle will come.

    ReplyDelete