We are a Christian couple learning how to do this thing called life as we strive for our eternal goal of Heaven. Join us as we learn to lean on God, on each other, and on our family and friends. We have battled infertility, miscarriage, having a micropreemie, and now we are raising our sweet little girl who has mild Cerebral Palsy. We have been thrown alot of curves in this thing called life, but we have overcome each obstacle and are stronger than ever




Monday, August 24, 2009

Follow up Baby Doc Appt. 22wks 5days

We had a doc appt today for a follow up on the cerclage. Things are looking good so far. We still have a long way to go and things could happen at anytime but as of right now we are on track. My contractions have slowed to only 1 or 2 a day which is good and Savannah is growing beautifully. She had her ankles crossed the whole time which was cute. She is still breech but still has some time to turn. I had gained 5 lbs. in 2 weeks. YIKES! But still on track. I am still 2lbs. under prepregnancy weight. We were able to talk to the doc about alot of things. He has started me on Prilosec for my acid indigestion. He said that could be causing my nausea. So hopefully that will get better. I told Daniel if the old wives tale is true that Savannah should have a head full of hair. He also has prescribed me some Ambien to sleep. I told him how I can take tylenol pm and sleep for about 2 hours but then I am wide awake, mind racing, tossing and turning. He said it was probably because on top of the normal pregnancy discomforts with sleeping I am dealing with alot of stress that keeps my mind racing and I am also in bed all day not exerting any energy. He said that I should take an Ambien occasionally so that my body doesnt get run down. I'm not sure how I feel about taking something like that but I mean I will if it means keeping my Savannah healthy. We also discussed how Savannah kicks so low all the time and how I am scared she will break my water. She doesnt kick low everytime but most of the time. He said that she def. could but that there is nothing you can do about it. He said I can try changing positions and try an coax her into moving but its really just a chance thing. She kicks so hard and so often I just hope she doesnt kick my water bag just right. We are 1 week and 2 days away from the point at which Savannah could survive outside her mommy but of course we are hoping for many more weeks. I go back to the doc on Sept. 1st. We will have another ultrasound and talk and then I will go back in two weeks. This is when I will have my 2nd glucose test. He told me that I am now allowed to get out of the house for 2 hours at a time. So I hopefully will be able to start attending Sunday morning worship again. I could go for longer with a wheel chair but to church or out to eat or to a movie is what I can do without one. He said I needed to get out of the house some for my minds sake. But I can only go out every few days, not every day. I am so thankful that things are going well. Savannah is such a fighter already and I know she is gonna be a handful when she gets here and i can't wait. lol We finally have our bedding, pack n play, travel system, and glider/ottoman ordered. So once they get here I can start purchasing some of the little things and sit in my glider and watch Daniel get the nursery together. We already have a bunch of things for Savannah. She is gonna be one spoiled little girl! Here are some pics from the ultrasound today. The first one is of her feet. Daniel said she has my toes. lol Her ankles were crossed like that the whole time like she was kicking back.


This next one is another view to show us she is a girl. She is gonna love me flashing her girly parts everywhere. lol



This last one is my favorite. It is her profile and I think she looks just beautiful if I do say so myself. I think she looks just like her daddy.





1 comment:

  1. SO way to go on being so organized and on top of your game! You are not even a week ahead of me and you have so much done already. Furniture and bedding..... Eric told me thats its ok that I dont have any of that at the house yet bc we just moved in a week ago and i have the flu/sinus infection right now.... but man do I feel behind. but I just wanted to tell you way to go on being organized and so mtivated especially with all thats been going on!

    ReplyDelete