We are a Christian couple learning how to do this thing called life as we strive for our eternal goal of Heaven. Join us as we learn to lean on God, on each other, and on our family and friends. We have battled infertility, miscarriage, having a micropreemie, and now we are raising our sweet little girl who has mild Cerebral Palsy. We have been thrown alot of curves in this thing called life, but we have overcome each obstacle and are stronger than ever




Monday, February 16, 2009

Be Careful What You Wish For!

I just wanted to share a story about my Valentine's Day Dinner. Let me start off by saying that in all we had a great Day. We started with a movie and ended with a dinner. We went to Charles Anthony's to eat dinner. That is our favorite restaurant and we eat there every time we have a date night. So we got there around 6pm and we knew we were going to have to wait. There were a lot of people. The wait time, we were told was an hour and a half. Well in the car ride to the restaurant I had told Daniel that I hoped that if we had to wait a long time there would be a seat for me. I had on these really cute shoes that were very tall with a very tiny heel. You know the kind that are super cute but not very practical to wear. Anyway as soon as we got in and gave our name this older gentleman offered me his chair. He was really sweet and would not take no for an answer. So I sat down. I had gotten my wish. Soon after sitting the little old lady and her friends who were sitting beside me got up to go eat so Daniel sat down and here came a young married couple about our age to sit next to me. The chairs were all very close and you could hear every conversation. I wish I could not of heard theirs. Apparently the girl was 2 months pregnant and went on and on about how she will never breastfeed because its gross and disgusting and how she already has a schedule figured out so she still has a life and doesn't have to stay at home with her baby all of the time and then my personal favorite, how she could not wait to not be pregnant anymore so that she could have a margarita. Yes she said as soon as she was home for the hospital she was gonna have a night of margaritas. I wanted to say something to her but I didn't. I wanted to slap her but I didn't. I wanted to get up but my feet would not let me. So I sat there for 30 min. listening to these ungrateful people talk about how this sweet baby was just so inconvenient. Life can be cruel sometimes. Things like that really bother me and for obvious reasons. But we were called to have our dinner and we sat down, ordered, got our salads, prayed, ate and had a great conversation and I didn't feel so down after that. My wonderful husband has a great way of making me feel better. I love him!!
This is us just before leaving for our Date. Excuse the Mess!!!

Oh and we were in the Montgomery Advertiser yesterday. This man was at the restaurant taking pictures of people waiting on Valentine's Day. We of course look thrilled. LOL

Hope everyone had a blessed Valentines!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment