So just a quick update. I went in to the doc on Friday for Bloodwork and Ultrasound. I only had one lonely follicle that was dominant and growing with several smaller ones. It was 10.8mm. I was a little bummed but I knew the rest still had a little time to catch up. I went in this morning and I was wrong. Still just the one follicle now at 15.5. I was upset because we are paying lots of money and putting ourselves through alot just to be "normal"? What? I had one follicle the first time we did injections and did not get pregnant. A "normal" couple with no problems releases one egg every month with the exception of twins, and there is only a 25% chance of conception each month. With this much money I want a higher percentage! Anyway the cycle I became pregnant, I had 4 mature follicles. That made me feel alot better even though there was a higher chance for multiples. But as everyone so graciously keeps telling me "It only takes one" so I am not counting this cycle out yet. A little bummed? Yes! Giving up? No! Praying Fervently? Absolutely!!
I will say this. Statistics show that pregnancy occurs most often in the second consecutive Follistim cycle which is what happened the first time. So I will stay optimistic about that. But still how much waiting and needlesticks and bloodwork/ultrasounds can one girl take? My husband of course is wonderful through it all!! He even came home for an hour today to be with me since I was so bummed out! He is amazing and I don't know what I would do without his unconditional love and support. He has really been through it with all of my glorious hormonal mood swings. Poor thing. He really deserves a child! I hope I can give him one here on earth soon!
I go back to the doctor in the morning for another ultrasound and bloodwork. They seem to think I may be ready to trigger tommorrow or Wednesday. Then I will ovulate 36 hours from then. Please pray that sweet little egg will get fertilized this time! Hope everyone has a great week!!
Only one that has walked the path you are on knows the heartache associated with wanting to conceive and carry to term. My prayers continue to be with you and Daniel on this journey.
ReplyDeleteAND, I love your page!!! Did someone do this for you or is it from CutestBlogontheBlock?
Stumbled upon your website looking for "Hatfield" genealogy, of all things. Read a little bit and realized you are going through similar struggles as my wife and I. Found myself nodding at all of the "unthinking" things people can say... Know that you are in our prayers... We have been blessed twice after 6 years of infertility. You don't know how God will bless you, but please have faith that He will.
ReplyDelete-Rob
http://tryingforanothermiracle.blogspot.com/